Arm Numbness with Your Midtown New York Chiropractor
Do you ever have to shake out your hands after writing or typing? Does your arm, hand, or fingers feel numb intermittently throughout the day? Do you drop things or have trouble with buttons? Arm numbness can be a real nuisance. Our NYC medical team can help!
What Causes Arm Numbness?
There are several possible reasons why you may be experiencing arm or hand numbness (which often presents with additional symptoms including pain, weakness, and tingling or "pins and needles" sensation):
• Ulnar nerve entrapment (at the elbow, aka cubital tunnel syndrome)
• Median nerve entrapment (at the elbow)
• Median nerve compression (at the wrist, aka carpal tunnel syndrome)
• Cervical radiculopathy (entrapment of nerves at the level of the spine)
• Thoracic outlet syndrome
In rare instances, pain and sensation impairments in the arm may signify a stroke. Typically, these symptoms occur suddenly and may present with other clinical signs including facial drooping, asymmetrical pupil sizes, confusion, and slurred speech. If you suspect you or a loved one is experiencing a stroke, call 911 immediately!
How Our Doctor of Chiropractic Treats Arm Pain, Numbness & Tingling
Assuming the cause of your arm numbness is not related to an acute health emergency (which, as mentioned, is rare but urgent and should receive immediate medical care), then know that our chiropractic staff (along with our other experienced clinicians) can help you find relief. Our facility has committed to bringing our NYC community the best of what non-invasive and drug-free diagnostic and therapeutic care has to offer for people living with extremity numbness, including:
• Chiropractic Care: Spinal adjustments and spinal decompression relieve pressure on spinal nerves and reduce stress and tension in the nervous system
• Physical Therapy: Joint mobilizations relieve pressure on peripheral nerves in the arms; therapeutic exercises help regain strength and mobility in muscles affected by nerve impingement
• Acupuncture: The insertion of acupuncture needles along trigger points in the arm can relieve pain and stimulate healing in connective tissues which may be tense and putting pressure on peripheral nerves
Schedule an Appointment with Your Manhattan Chiropractor
With 15+ years of experience, our team here at Balanced Health Medical are proud to be area-leaders in chiropractic care, massage therapy, and other non-invasive services for several NYC communities (covering 10022, 10017, 10020, 10019, and 10036!). We're conveniently located in Midtown and Upper East Side, near Rockefeller Center and other popular locations. If you have back or neck pain, arm numbness, or any other type of symptom that's affecting your daily life, then call us at (212) 755-1717 or book online to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor. Appointments are available immediately, so contact us today!